Return to FMISGAMING.COM

Introduce Yourself - Say Hi and Let everyone know what games you're into

Just a small discussion topic for you to introduce yourself.

Let us know what state you’re from
What games your into
How old you are

and anything else you think might be a good idea.

Name: Robert Hodge

D.O.B: 06/01/1998

Occupation: Welp, I am currently studying tech aviation at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and serving as a manager at Maccas.

P.O.B: England

Currently Living: Sydney, Australia

My role in FMIS: I guess I am considered as one of the head mission makers/admins, I have been here since the start and intend to stay till the end.

Jesus rob, give him your bank details while your at it.

Name: James Lewis

P.O.B: New Zealand

Currently Living: Montreal, Canada

My role in FMIS: Head Chimp/Admin and Founder of FMIS. General Platoon and Squad Leader, Server and Repository Management, Clan recruiter and general nice guy - That is until you fuck up.

Games Of Interest: ArmA 3 and DayZ take up most of my free time currently. Classic all time favorite games though - Command and Conquer, Super Mario 3, Mortal Kombat 2, Super Street Fighter 2, Daytona USA, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake 2, GTA V, Uncharted Series among of course many others.

Hi guys,
My name’s Oddball, and I’ve been gaming on a computer since 1993. I’m as old as dirt, being born in the year 1954. Thankfully, I don’t act my age. :wink:
Over those decades I’ve played a very large number of games, very few of which held my interest for more than a couple of months at a time, if even that. The ones that did have been “Empire: Total War”, Arma (the original, Arma II, and now Arma III), the "Combat Mission"series from Battlefront.com and both “Air Warrior” and “Aces High” both of which I played in one and two year bursts over the past twenty years.
I live in Sandusky, Ohio which is in the “middle” of America, up near the top/next to Lake Erie of “The Great Lakes”.
I moved here from Boston about 7 or 8 years ago and love it. What a difference from the East Coast of the U.S.
These days, myself and a very small group of friends are playing Arma 3 one or two evenings each week.
We’ve got our own servers both for Arma 3 and Teamspeak which we use. Currently we have an “Official Unofficial Arma 3 Night” which we run missions at which begin at 9PM Eastern U.S. time.
Anyway, lately I’ve been thinking that it might be fun if we “visited” and played with on occasion, another
group of Arma 3 players such as the Flying Monkeys In Space, being incorporated into that mission as an
additional “fireteam” under the direct control of an FMIS squad or platoon leader.
I can assure you that the guys in my group are very good people; all well mannered, and laid back,
as well as "goal/team oriented. I don’t have a single “drama queen”. :wink:
So, I guess my question to the FMIS leadership is this: would you be open to allowing us to join you
on occasion with the intention of participating in some of your larger scale operations? (I’d noted, I think,
in one post that there were slots for 30 people in one mission.)
Our usual Saturday Night Get Togethers begin at 9PM Eastern U.S. time. I noted that the Flying Monkeys
have two servers; one in the U.S. and one in Australia though I do not know if both are up and operational
all the time or just for “mission nights”.
Anyway, bottom line is I though it would be a fun endeavor for us to hook up with another group which
enjoys Arma 3 for a “joint operation” some evening.

Best regards, Odd

Good to have you on board Odball

If you haven’t added me on steam yet mate. Please do so.

Hey guys, it’s Mas. Been around for a few ops here and having a good time :slight_smile:

Mid 20’s from Canada, been playing ARMA 3 since the Alpha and #1 favourite game going and made so many friends and memories with it :smiley: . Also into RTS, other shooties, and various other coop games, love me that teamwork!